The Firstbeat Sports Sensor’s in-built memory frees coaches from a receiver or laptop during sessions, and an embedded processor ensures load calculations from multiple locations are readily available for post-session analysis. Note! Firstbeat Sports Sensor is only compatible with Firstbeat Sports Live app.
- Memory capacity: 12-18h R-R data
- Battery life: 160 hours with CR2025 user replaceable coin cell battery
- Weight: 10g (0.35 oz.) including the battery
- Transmission protocol: Bluetooth Smart
- Compatibility: Full feature support only with Firstbeat Sports Live app; Works as a standard Bluetooth device with watches and mobile apps
- R-R recording accuracy: < 2ms
- 9-Axis motion sensor (accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer)
- Wireless firmware update
- Firstbeat software + analysis library
- Textile strap (Movesense connector)
- Water resistant 30m / 100ft
- Developed, designed and manufactured in Finland
- Current firmware version: 2.0
The Sports Sensor starts automatically with RR-I validation algorithms. If R-R data is not detected, Sensor powers off after one minute allowing enhanced battery life and accurate measurements. Each Sensor is paired with an athlete profile visible in the Firstbeat Sports Live app. Profile background information is stored to the Sensor for real-time analysis.
While recording, the following real-time training metrics are tracked:
- Heart rate (HR), Average HR, Lowest HR, Peak HR
- Time in Heart Rate Zones (1 – 5)
- Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption (EPOC)
- Training Impulse (TRIMP), TRIMP/min
- Training Effect (aerobic, anaerobic)
When the Firstbeat Sports Sensor is taken off, the recording stops after a few minutes and Sensor enters standby mode. When in standby mode, you can download measurement data to the Firstbeat Sports Cloud via the Live app.