- Pay close attention to properly wearing and moisturizing the HR strap to get good data quality. Good data quality is the prerequisite for a training analysis done by the Firstbeat algorithms.
- If you wear the HR Strap and Sensor while commuting to the training facility data gets recorded on this time, too. To avoid extra data before and at the end of a measurement, wear the sensor when starting the workout and take the sensor off when the workout is finished.
- Avoid leaving the Sensor attached to the HR Strap when workout is complete. Although artifact data is removed programmatically, in some cases this might cause extra artifact data to your measurement.
1. Dampen the skin under the area the Sensor will be placed.
2. Attach the textile strap around your chest and adjust until securely in place.
3. Attach Sensor to the strap.
- The Sensor will automatically start recording R-R intervals once properly attached to body using strap and heart rate signal is detected.
- LED flashes at 5 seconds intervals when Sensor is recording.
- Use the Firstbeat Sports Live app to follow live training load metrics during recording. See the guidance how to from here. Note! Firstbeat Sports Sensor is only compatible with Sports Live app.
- Take off the strap and detach the Sensor from strap. The Sensor will stop recording automatically when it doesn’t detect any R-R signal.
- Removing the Sensor from the strap improves battery life and ensures R-R interval recording ends appropriately.
Sensor remains in Standby mode for 30 minutes to allow for a smooth data download process. After 30 minutes, the Sensor moves to Sleep mode to reduce draining the battery. It is also possible to download data in Sleep mode but there may be minor delays in Sensors being recognized.
- Rinse the strap under running water and hang to dry.