It is important to treat the Firstbeat Sports Sensor and textile strap with care. Follow the instructions below to maximize their lifespan and ensure reliable measurements. Note! Failing to consistently wash the textile strap can decrease its effectiveness due to salt and sweat build up.
- Remove the Sensor from the strap after every use and dry using a towel.
- When necessary, clean the Sensor with a mild solution of soap and water. Dry with towel.
- Do not clean using alcohol or any abrasive material such as wool or cleaning chemicals
- Never put the Sensor in a washing machine or dryer
- For storage, detaching the Sensor from strap helps maximize battery lifetime.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Do not expose the Sensor to direct sunlight for extended time
- Do not store the Sensor when wet
- Do not store the Sensor in non-breathable material (e.g. sports bag/plastic bag) as this may cause oxidation
- Rinse the strap under running cold water after every use. Hang to dry.
- Regularly machine wash the straps using the Firstbeat wash bag at max. 30°C. Do this after every seventh use at minimum.
- If machine wash is not possible, regularly clean the strap gently with mild soap and water solution. Do this at least every fifth use.
- Always wash after pool use, and before long-term storage
- Store in cool, dry place
Note! It is natural that straps will wear out over time due use. Additional straps are available when necessary.
Replacing the battery
- Remove the battery cover. A screwdriver or flat-headed tool may be required to gain access.
- Remove the old battery.
- Place the new battery (CR2025) into the battery cover with the negative (-) side facing outwards and visible.
- Align the edge of the battery cover with the slot on the Sensor and push the battery cover back into place. You will hear a click sound when the battery cover is secured in place.
! For safety, always make sure you use the correct battery type (CR2025) and reputable battery brand. Using other battery types will damage the device.