Firstbeat Sports Live app (referred to as Live app from here on) is an iPad application developed for team training load monitoring and data collection. With Live app you can pair Firstbeat Sports Sensors with athlete profiles, monitor athlete training load metrics in real time and download data from Sensors after training sessions. Before starting to use the Live app, you must have created your team and athlete profiles in the Firstbeat Sports Cloud web service.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Download from the App Store
- Log in to Firstbeat Sports Live App
- Prepare Sensors for athletes
- Live view
Download from the App Store
Download the Firstbeat Sports Live app from the App Store on your iPad. You can find the app by searching "Firstbeat Sports Live".
Log in to Firstbeat Sports Live App
Log in to the Firstbeat Sports Live app with your Firstbeat Sports coach credentials.
NOTE The Live app can be used offline after first login. However not all features are accessible offline. You can use the Live app without an internet connection to pair Sensors with athletes, see the Live view and to download training data from Sensors. Connect to the internet to sync data from the Live app to Firstbeat Sports Cloud web service.
Prepare Sensors for athletes
Open the Prepare Sensors screen by selecting the first option in the left side menu. The Prepare Sensors screen lists the active Sensors.
Activate the Sensor you want to pair to an athlete by pressing the Sensor pins. (LED will start flashing).
Open pairing menu by pressing the ‘Person’ button found on the right side of the Sensor’s row. Each Sensor has its own individual row.
Select the athlete you want to pair with that Sensor.
TIP Write athlete’s name or number on the Sensor casing so that they can easily identify their Sensor.
From the Prepare Sensors screen you can continue to Live view.
With Live view you can follow athlete training loads in real time. The Sensors calculate training load metrics internally, so when the iPad receives the data from the Sensors it is always up to date. Stopping and finishing the Live view doesn't affect Sensor calculations. The Sensor is recording until the athlete removes the Sensor.
- Select and change which variables are visible on an athlete’s Live tile using the bottom left menu.
- The time shown at the bottom of the athletes’ Live tiles shows how long the Sensors have been recording.
- Add and hide athletes shown in Live view using bottom left menu.
- The time at the bottom of Live view shows how long you have been using it during the training session.
TIP Create logins for other coaches so they can also access Live view on their own iPads in the same training session.
Note that maximum Live view range varies from 30m to 200m. Multiple factors can affect this. To maximize range:
- Check that athletes don’t have heavy clothing covering the Sensor
- There are no large physical objects between the Sensor and iPad
- Keep iPad above waist height
- Don't cover iPad's Bluetooth signal with hand