For most participants, once they attach the electrode measurement device, they quickly forget it is there as they carry on with their usual routines. On rare occasions, the ECG electrode measurements may cause some skin discomfort.
To avoid skin problems during Firstbeat Lifestyle Assessment, please follow these steps:
- Clean the electrode placement spots (below right clavicle and left rib cage) before attaching electrodes.
- Apply a thin layer of non-greasy basic body lotion to the spots where you are going to attach the electrodes later.
- Wait for the lotion to dry (allow at least 10 min) to avoid electrode contact problems.
- Repeat this process each time you attach new electrodes.
- When removing and replacing electrodes, dampening the skin with a few drops of water helps avoid mechanical stress as does slightly changing the new electrode placement.
Please sign in to leave a comment.