Firstbeat Receiver 10 is a small USB-receiver, which can monitor 10 heart rate belts at the same time. The device range is 30 meters.
If the Sports software does not find the receiver check these steps first:
- Try another USB port
- Restart Sports software
- Restart the computer
If the above steps do not help, try to install the receiver drivers again. Follow these instructions:
- Go to Sports (or Sports Individual) installation folder and open folder Drivers. The folder can be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firstbeat\Firstbeat SPORTS (Individual)\Drivers
- Double-click the file named "Firstbeat_Dongle_Driver.exe" to start the driver installation.
- After the installation is finished test the connection with Sports software.
If reinstalling the drivers did not help, try to update the drivers using the Windows Device Manager. Follow these instructions:
- Plug the receiver to the USB port and open the Windows Device Manager.
- Find the receiver from the device list and click it with your secondary mouse button.
- Select "Update driver"
- Next select the second option in the dialog: "Browse my computer for driver software".
- Click "Browse" and select this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firstbeat Dongle Driver
- Click "Next" and follow the on-screen instructions.
After the installation is finished test the connection with Sports software.
If the two steps above do not solve the problem, check if the Sports software is running in a compatibility mode. So far we have noticed that in Windows 10 running the software in Windows 8 compatibility mode is causing the software not to find the receiver. Follow these instructions to fix the issue:
- Shut down Sports software
- Click the Sports desktop icon with your secondary mouse button to open a selection dialog.
- Select Properties.
- Open Compatibility tab.
- Remove the selection from Run this software in compatibility mode for:
- Save the changes to close the dialog.
Open the Sports software and test with the training monitor if it finds the receiver now.