Uploading measurements from Movescount to Sports can fail for four different reasons:
- Movescount settings are not applied to Sports
- There is an incompatible measurement in Movescount
- Sports can't find new measurements
- Measurement has been uploaded previously but is deleted from Sports
1. Movescount settings are not applied to Sports
Check that you have saved the correct email address's for the profiles to Sports, and that the athletes have accepted Sports software's connection request in Movescount. You can also check here how the settings are saved to Sports.
2. There is an incompatible measurement in Movescount
There are four reasons why a measurement can be incompatible with Sports software:
- The measurement is too short, so under two minutes
- The measurement is manually added to Movescount or edited later
- The measurement does not contain heart rate variability data (R-R interval data)
- The measurement is duplictaed in Movescount, so there are two identical measurements
If you discover a measurement that fits these descriptions, you will need to delete the measurement from Movescount. The incompatible measurement will stop the loading process and thus all the compatible measurements after that can't be uploaded. Once you delete the incompatible measurement the loading continues.
3. Sports can't find new measurements
Sports is able to upload a total number of 200 measurements from Movescount at a time. The software will search through to already uploaded measurements, so if Sports doesn't find any new measurements, the reason is most likely that the 200 measurement limit has been exceeded. You can restart the upload my selecting "Load R-R file" button and there "Suunto Movescount" -button. Adjust the dates below the button if necessary to restart the search for new measurements.
4. Measurement has been uploaded previously but is deleted from Sports
If the measurement has been previously uploaded but the deleted from Sports, it can be reloaded by deleting the log entry from Sports' Movescount log file. The log file can be found from the Firstbeat Files folder under the corresponding profile's folder. Log file is named "SPORTS_MOVES.txt". Open the file and delete the log entry that points to the file you want to reload. Then save the log file. Next start Sports and upload the measurement. If you have the automatic upload selected the measurement is uploaded automatically. Otherwise you can start the measurement upload by selecting "Load R-R file" -> "Movescount".
Please note that Suunto is closing the Movescount service earliest in summer 2020. More information about the Movescount closure can be found here: https://www.suunto.com/en-gb/Content-pages/digital-service-transition/ Once Movescount is closed, the measurement from Suunto devices can no longer be uploaded to Firstbeat Sports software.