FIRSTBEAT BODYGUARD2™ PRODUCT SUPPORT AND LIMITED WARRANTY
GUIDELINES FOR USE, MAINTENANCE AND DISPOSAL
PURPOSE OF USE
- FIRSTBEAT BODYGUARD2™ (“Product”) is a measurement device for heartbeat monitoring and recording.
- Product is designated for the needs of well-being and fitness professionals.
- Product enables easy, reliable and continuous daily heartbeat monitoring and recording.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHARGING
- Do not charge the Product while attached directly to the skin.
- Use only compatible charging devices. Product may not be compatible with all of the USB-cables on the market.
- Product battery is rechargeable via compatible USB-cable attached on computer’s USB-port.
STORAGE AND USE OF THE PRODUCT
- Keep the Product in dry and average room temperature. Store the Product in a soft storage/case when possible.
- Do not keep or store the Product next, or near to, any other power supplies or magnetic fields.
- Do not pull, tie or knot the cable on the Product.
- Do not attach the Product on any other surface than to the skin of chest.
- Product cannot be used while passing security checks at airports or any other facilities.
- Product is not recommended to be used together with a pacemaker.
- Product use is forbidden in the facilities, where the use of electronic devices is forbidden.
FURTHER SAFETY INFORMATION
- Product is not waterproof. Do not use the Product in water or during a shower or sauna.
- The cable on the Product must be connected while using the Product.
- Adhesive gel on the patch sensors of the Product may cause skin irritation. Make sure the skin is carefully cleaned after every use.
- In case an allergic reaction of any kind is noticed during, or after the use of the Product, the use of the Product must be stopped immediately and the skin cleaned thoroughly. In case needed, medical advice of a doctor shall be requested.
- CE-standards: Product is CE marked and complies with the requirements of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Legislation: Directive 2004/108/EC.
- FCC-standards: Product is tested and complies with the FCC technical standards for digital devices: Class B digital device, FCC Part 15. The Product produces, operates and may generate electromagnetic radiation that may cause a disruption on radio communication. Disruption-free use cannot be guaranteed. In case the Product causes disruption on any other devices, the problem may be remediable by relocating the Product. Contact Firstbeat in case continuous problems are noticed.
- Conditions for the use: (1) Product cannot cause detrimental or harmful disruptions (2) Product must process and accept also all of the received disruptions, also the ones that may cause the Product malfunction. Product is FCC certificated.
- WARNING RELATING TO FCC CERTIFICATION: Any alterations or modifications of any kind of the Product, and not explicitly accepted by Firstbeat, may invalidate the right to use the Product in accordance with the FCC certification.
PRODUCT MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
- Cleaning of the Product in accordance with the instructions provided by Firstbeat is the only maintenance measure permitted for the Purchaser. Other maintaining measures or fixing of the Product are not permitted.
- Product must be cleaned every time passing it on the user. In case the Product is unclean after the return, it is recommended to clean it immediately.
- Product must be removed from a computer before and during the cleaning, the cable of the Product must be connected. Leaving the cable open during the cleaning will cause the breakage of the Product by electrolytic oxidation.
- Product and the cable shall be cleaned by gentle scouring with a damp cloth moistened with a hint of water and alcohol-free cleaner.
- Use of running water or overly wet cloth is not permitted.
- Use of alcohol-contained cleaners is not recommended.
Please dispose the Product by following recycling orders and recommendations provided for electronic products. Do not dispose the Product by mixing it with other domestic refuse. In case desired, the Product can be sent to Firstbeat for disposal.
- This limited warranty ("Warranty") covers the Product – FIRSTBEAT BODYGUARD2™ – heartbeat recording and measurement device exclusively.
- Warranty covers a limited Warranty period of one (1) year. The Warranty period starts at the date of original purchase. No repair or replacement will renew or extend the Warranty period.
- The date of the original purchase can be evidenced by the proof of purchase and the readable serial number of the Product issued by Firstbeat.
WARRANTY COVERAGE, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- Warranty will apply for defects in materials and workmanship, the functionality of the Product software and battery.
- Warranty provides that each Product will be free from substantial faults or defects in material and workmanship at the time of purchase, or substantial faults or defects which may appear during the Warranty period provided that the Product is used, cleaned and maintained properly – and always in accordance with the guidelines provided in Section 1 "GUIDELINES FOR USE, MAINTENANCE AND DISPOSAL".
- Warranty is invalidated if the defect is caused by misuse, neglect, and tampering or incorrect adjustment, including, but not limited to, the breakage of the plastic cover or the cable, any measures contrary to the guidelines provided in Section 1 "GUIDELINES FOR USE, MAINTENANCE AND DISPOSAL" or other instructions for proper use provided by Firstbeat.
- Firstbeat’s obligations under this Warranty are limited, at its discretion and cost, to either fixing or replacing the Product it determines was defective at the time of the purchase or during the Warranty period, without undue delay, and against a valid claim made in accordance with Section 2.3. "ACCESS TO WARRANTY" within reasonable time after noticing the issue. In any event, the valid claim must be made prior to the termination of the Warranty period.
- Claiming party shall cooperate with Firstbeat in providing any additional information as may be required to investigate a valid claim, including shipping the Product back to Firstbeat, if so requested. In case shipping is required, claiming party will defray the costs of the shipping.
- The Warranty shall not apply and Firstbeat shall not be liable for
- ordinary wear and tear;
- neglect, accident, improper or unreasonable use, storage, installation or maintenance of the Product, and defects, damages, losses and costs resulting from these actions by purchaser, end user or third parties;
- Products that have been altered, modified, repaired, opened or tampered with anyone else than Firstbeat;
- cleaning and washing the adhesive patch sensors of the Product with any other cleaner except the cleaner instructed and advised in the user manual or any other document provided with the Product;
- use of the Product contrary to their respective documentation, user manuals and instructions, or in a non-conformable operational environment, including defects resulting from use of third party technology in connection with Products;
- damage caused by hacking, cracking, viruses, or other malware;
- accident, fire, power-failure, power surge or other hazard; or
- any parts, which may have reduced capacity as a result of the natural end-of-life processes shorter than the Warranty period (including, batteries and Ambu BlueSensor L electrodes).
- Except as expressly required by mandatory law, the Warranty granted herein is construed with and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Finland. In any event the Warranty will be limited to the countries where the Product has been initially marketed.
- NOTE: THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT AFFECT THE RIGHTS OF THE CONSUMER VALID, IN FORCE AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MANDATORY PROVISIONS OF THE NATIONAL LEGISLATION, AND THE RIGHTS OF THE CUSTOMER TOWARDS THE RESELLER PURSUANT TO THE PURCHASE/SALE AGREEMENT.
- In case of any conflict between the terms and conditions displayed herein and the documentation in the sales package of the Product, the terms and conditions included in the sales package shall prevail. Despite of the foregoing, the Product purchaser, end user and third parties must, at all times, comply with all guidelines and instructions provided with the Product for its proper use.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, Firstbeat's liability shall be limited to the purchase value of the Product.
EXCEPT AS SPECIFIED IN THIS WARRANTY, ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, LAW, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTISE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
IN NO RESPECT SHALL FIRSTBEAT BE LIABLE OF ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE PRODUCT OR THE USE OF THE PRODUCT, WHETHER OR NOT BASED UPON THE WARRANTY; OR WHETHER OR NOT INJURY WAS SUSTAINED BY PERSON OR PROPERTY; OR SUSTAINED BY A THIRD PARTY.
ACCESS TO WARRANTY
- Claim of a defect or malfunction covered by this Warranty must be performed to Firstbeat’s product support. For the product support and replacement measures, the service requires as detailed as possible description of the defect, date and place of the original purchase and the contact details of the purchaser (name, address and telephone number).
- In case of a defect or malfunction, contact Firstbeat, by filling in a form of product support request at the website: https://www.firstbeat.com/en/support/report-a-faulty-device/
- Firstbeat will contact the purchaser after receiving the valid claim. Firstbeat will provide the purchaser with further advice and instructions.
- Non-binding target duration for the Product maintenance is five (5) workdays from the day when Firstbeat receives the Product from the purchaser.
- Please note that all back up data and content should be stored, or received from the Product, before taking the Product in for Warranty service, since Warranty service activities may erase data from the Product.
Never try to fix the Product yourself. Trying to fix the Product yourself will lead to the invalidation of the Warranty. Maintenance and repairing measures are always performed by Firstbeat.
Firstbeat Technologies Oy
Yliopistonkatu 28 A, FI-40100 Jyväskylä, FINLAND
Tel. +358 20 7631 660
Business ID No.: 1782772-5
FIRSTBEAT is a registered trade mark of Firstbeat Technologies Oy.
All rights reserved.