It is possible to upload measurements to Firstbeat Sports (4.7.x.) and Firstbeat Sports Individual from selected Garmin devices. These following Garmin devices can record heart rate variability data:
- Forerunner 620
- Forerunner 630
- Forerunner 645 and 645 music
- Forerunner 920XT
- Forerunner 235
- Forerunner 735XT
- Forerunner 935
- fenix 3
- fenix 3 HR
- fenix 5 series
- Edge 520*
- Edge 820**
- Edge 1000
- Edge 1030
Note! Please note that in order to get the heart rate variability recorded a heart rate belt needs to be paired with the wrist unit. In general optical heart rate devices do not record heart rate variability. Optically recorded measurements cannot be uploaded to Sports (4.7.x.) or to Sports Individual softwares.
Note! The Fenix 5, Forerunners 935 and 645, and Edge 1030 have a setting called "Log HRV". You can set that on and the device starts record R-R variability. You don't need to use the below mentioned setting file for these devices.
For other devices please see instructions below.
*Garmin Edge 520 with the firmware version 12.10 or above does not allow measurement upload to Firstbeat software.
**Garmin Edge 820 with the firmware version 8 or above does not allow measurement upload to Firstbeat software.
Follow these instructions to set your device to record heart rate variability:
1. Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
2. Download the R-R setting file from here.
3. Extract the .zip file.
4. Save the R-R setting fit file to your Garmin device's NEWFILES folder. If you are unable to find the NEWFILES folder from your Garmin device's folder, it might be hidden. Try setting your computer to show hidden files first and then set the R-R setting file.
5. Disconnect the device.
R-R recording should be now set on to your Garmin device. The next measurement you create with the Garmin device has the R-R data and it can be uploaded to Firstbeat programs (Sports (4.7.x.) and Sports Individual).
Follow these instructions to upload the data:
1. Connect the Garmin device to you computer via USB cable
2. In the Firstbeat program (Sports (4.7.x.) and Sports Individual) select 'Load R-R file' - 'Load file'
3. Browse to the Garmin devices ACTIVITY folder
4. Select the .FIT files you wish to upload.
After selecting the files you can analyze them and create reports from the measurement.
These instructions are applicable also when using these device with the Athlete software.