It is possible to upload measurements to Firstbeat Sports (4.7.x.) and Firstbeat Sports Individual from various Garmin devices.
Note! The newer Garmin devices such as Fenix 5 and 6, Forerunners 935 and 645, and Edge 1030 have a setting called "Log HRV". You can set that on and the device starts record R-R data. You don't need to use the below mentioned setting file for newer Garmin devices.
Follow these instructions to set your device to record heart rate variability:
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Download the R-R setting file from here.
- Extract the .zip file.
- Save the R-R setting fit file to your Garmin device's NEWFILES folder. If you are unable to find the NEWFILES folder from your Garmin device's folder, it might be hidden. Try setting your computer to show hidden files first and then set the R-R setting file.
- Disconnect the device.
R-R recording should be now set on to your Garmin device. The next measurement you create with the Garmin device has the R-R data and it can be uploaded to Firstbeat programs (Sports (4.7.x.) and Sports Individual).
Follow these instructions to upload the data:
- Connect the Garmin device to you computer via USB cable
- In the Firstbeat program (Sports (4.7.x.) and Sports Individual) select 'Load R-R file' - 'Load file'
- Browse to the Garmin devices ACTIVITY folder
- Select the .FIT files you wish to upload.
After selecting the files you can analyze them and create reports from the measurements.
These instructions are applicable also with the Firstbeat Athlete software.
Note! Please note that in order to get the heart rate variability recorded a heart rate belt needs to be paired with the wrist unit. In general optical heart rate devices do not record heart rate variability. Optically recorded measurements cannot be uploaded to Sports (4.7.x.) or to Sports Individual softwares.