If your Sports Monitor software does not pick up the receiver, it gives you an error message saying "Please check the receiver" when trying to start monitoring. Here are few steps to check to get the receiver working again. Try the steps one by one and after each step test the connection by starting the monitoring.
1. Check that the receiver is connected to a USB port and the cable is connected firmly into the receiver.
2. Connect the receiver to another USB port.
3. If possible, test with another USB cable and with another computer.
4. Check if the computer can find the device and that the device is shown in the computer's Device manager. If the computer does not recognise the device, you need to install the drivers:
- Disconnect the receiver from the USB port
- Shut down Sports Monitor software
- Go to Sports Monitor installation folder on Windows. Default location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firstbeat\Firstbeat SPORTS Monitor\Drivers.
- Double-click the file named Firstbeat_Team_Receiver_USB_Drivers.exe to start the installation.
- After the installation is finished, start the Sports Monitor and connect the receiver.
5. Check that there are no compatibility mode set for the Sports Monitor on Windows:
- Shut down Sports Monitor.
- Find and click the Sports Monitor desktop icon with the right mouse button.
- From the opening dialog select Properties.
- Open Compatibility-tab
- Check the Compatibility mode setting and remove the selection from the checkbox if there is a compatibility mode set on.
- Save the changes.
- Start Sports Monitor and test the receiver connection.
If the receiver is still not being picked up by the Sports Monitor, the receiver, or the cable might be broken. In this case, contact Firstbeat Support, or fill in the faulty device report.
Please sign in to leave a comment.