FIRSTBEAT TEAM RECEIVER, HEART RATE BELT AND SPORTS SENSOR PRODUCT SUPPORT AND LIMITED WARRANTY
PRODUCTS INCLUDED TO THESE WARRANTY TERMS
- Firstbeat Team receiver100 US / EU
- Firstbeat Receiver10 US / EU
- Firstbeat heart rate belt US / EU
- Firstbeat Textile heart rate belt US / EU
- Firstbeat Sports Sensor
GUIDELINES FOR USE, MAINTENANCE AND DISPOSAL PURPOSE OF USE
- FIRSTBEAT team receiver, heart rate belts and Sports Sensor are designed for real-time heart rate monitoring and recording to provide information on player’s training load and recovery.
PRODUCT MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
- Protect the products from sharp objects, extreme heat or prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
- Store the products in a clean, dry environment at room temperature.
- Do not twist, bend or stretch heart rate belts and cables excessively.
- After every use, clean the heart rate belt, wipe it with a soft, dry cloth, or with a cloth that has been moistened in a weak solution of water and a mild neutral detergent. Do not use thinner, benzene, alcohol or any other volatile agent to clean the belt.
- Textile straps of the heart rate belt can be machine washed at low temperature (30° Celsius). Use mild detergent, don't bleach. Use washing bag, don't tumble-dry.
- Battery can be changed by the user (Sports Sensor battery CR2025). It is recommended to change the battery back cover at the same time to ensure that heart rate belt remains water resistant.
Please dispose the Product by following recycling orders and recommendations provided for electronic products. Do not dispose the Product by mixing it with other domestic refuse. In case desired, the Product can be sent to Firstbeat for disposal.
LIMITED WARRANTY, WARRANTY PERIOD
- This limited warranty ("Warranty") covers the Products mentioned in this document exclusively.
- Warranty covers a limited Warranty period of one (1) year. The Warranty period starts at the date of original purchase. No repair or replacement will renew or extend the Warranty period.
- The date of the original purchase can be evidenced by the proof of purchase and the readable serial number of the Product issued by Firstbeat.
WARRANTY COVERAGE, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- Warranty will apply for defects in materials and workmanship, the functionality of the Product software and battery.
- Warranty provides that each Product will be free from substantial faults or defects in material and workmanship at the time of purchase, or substantial faults or defects which may appear during the Warranty period provided that the Product is used, cleaned and maintained properly – and always in accordance with the guidelines provided in Section 1 "GUIDELINES FOR USE, MAINTENANCE AND DISPOSAL".
- Warranty is invalidated if the defect is caused by misuse, neglect, and tampering or incorrect adjustment, including, but not limited to any measures contrary to the guidelines provided in Section 1 "GUIDELINES FOR USE, MAINTENANCE AND DISPOSAL" or other instructions for proper use provided by Firstbeat.
- Firstbeat’s obligations under this Warranty are limited, at its discretion and cost, to either fixing or replacing the Product it determines was defective at the time of the purchase or during the Warranty period, without undue delay, and against a valid claim made in accordance with Section "ACCESS TO WARRANTY" within reasonable time after noticing the issue. In any event, the valid claim must be made prior to the termination of the Warranty period.
- Claiming party shall cooperate with Firstbeat in providing any additional information as may be required to investigate a valid claim, including shipping the Product back to Firstbeat, if so requested. In case shipping is required, claiming party will defray the costs of the shipping.
- The Warranty shall not apply and Firstbeat shall not be liable for
- ordinary wear and tear;
- neglect, accident, improper or unreasonable use, storage, installation or maintenance of the Product, and defects, damages, losses and costs resulting from these actions by purchaser, end user or third parties;
- Products that have been altered, modified, repaired, opened or tampered with anyone else than Firstbeat;
- cleaning and washing the Product with any other cleaner except the cleaner instructed and advised in the user manual or any other document provided with the Product;
- use of the Product contrary to their respective documentation, user manuals and instructions, or in a non-conformable operational environment, including defects resulting from use of third party technology in connection with Products;
- damage caused by hacking, cracking, viruses, or other malware;
- accident, fire, power-failure, power surge or other hazard; or
- any parts, which may have reduced capacity as a result of the natural end-of-life processes shorter than the Warranty period.
- Except as expressly required by mandatory law, the Warranty granted herein is construed with and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Finland. In any event the Warranty will be limited to the countries where the Product has been initially marketed.
- NOTE: THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT AFFECT THE RIGHTS OF THE CONSUMER VALID, IN FORCE AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MANDATORY PROVISIONS OF THE NATIONAL LEGISLATION, AND THE RIGHTS OF THE CUSTOMER TOWARDS THE RESELLER PURSUANT TO THE PURCHASE/SALE AGREEMENT.
- In case of any conflict between the terms and conditions displayed herein and the documentation in the sales package of the Product, the terms and conditions included in the sales package shall prevail. Despite of the foregoing, the Product purchaser, end user and third parties must, at all times, comply with all guidelines and instructions provided with the Product for its proper use.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, Firstbeat's liability shall be limited to the purchase value of the Product.
EXCEPT AS SPECIFIED IN THIS WARRANTY, ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, LAW, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTISE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
IN NO RESPECT SHALL FIRSTBEAT BE LIABLE OF ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE PRODUCT OR THE USE OF THE PRODUCT, WHETHER OR NOT BASED UPON THE WARRANTY; OR WHETHER OR NOT INJURY WAS SUSTAINED BY PERSON OR PROPERTY; OR SUSTAINED BY A THIRD PARTY.
ACCESS TO WARRANTY
- Claim of a defect or malfunction covered by this Warranty must be performed to Firstbeat’s product support. For the product support and replacement measures, the service requires as detailed as possible description of the defect, date and place of the original purchase and the contact details of the purchaser (name, address and telephone number).
- In case of a defect or malfunction, contact Firstbeat, by filling in a form of product support request at the website: https://www.firstbeat.com/en/support/report-a-faulty-device/
- Firstbeat will contact the purchaser after receiving the valid claim. Firstbeat will provide the purchaser with further advice and instructions.
- Non-binding target duration for the Product maintenance is five (5) workdays from the day when Firstbeat receives the Product from the purchaser.
Firstbeat Technologies Oy
Yliopistonkatu 28 A, FI-40100 Jyväskylä, FINLAND
Tel. +358 84 154 1726
Business ID No.: 1782772-5
FIRSTBEAT is a registered trade mark of Firstbeat Technologies Oy.
All rights reserved.