If the Lifestyle Assessment is not redirecting to Learning Center, or not opening the reports, the reason could be that the browser popup windows are blocked. If the popups are blocked the browser notifies about this with a notification dialog and does not move you to the Learning Center or open the reports. These days, as the Internet security has been improving a lot, browsers are not allowing the popups by default. They need to be allowed manually and each browser has a different way to allow them. Below you can find some guidance how to allow pop-up windows from the Lifestyle Assessment website. More detailed instructions can be found from the web browsers' own guides.
Click here to move to the correct guidance:
Firefox browser notifies about a blocked popup window with a notification on the top of the window below the website address field.
Click the Options (or Preferences) button to select what to do with the pop-ups:
- Click Allow pop-ups for lifestyle-global.firstbeat.com to set the website to open Learning Center and to move to the site.
- If you just want to open the Learning Center right away, click the provided link to move to the site.
The popups are now allowed, so the next time you want to move to the Learning Center from Lifestyle Assessment, you are moved there automatically.
Chrome notifies about a blocked pop-up with a short "Pop-up blocked" notification and a small icon on the top right corner of the website address field. There is a the little window icon with the red "x" on top next to the key icon.
Click the icon with the red "x" to get options what to do with the popup windows. To allow the popup and move to the Learning Center, do as follows:
- To allow the popups: click Always allow pop-ups from https://lifestyle-global.firstbeat.com and click Done
- Click the popup icon again.
- To open the Learning Center, or Course: click the provided link to move to the site.
If allowing the pop-up windows does not help, contact Firstbeat Support.