Uploading measurements from Movescount to Athlete can fail for five different reasons:
- Movescount settings are not applied to Athlete
- There is an incompatible measurement in Movescount
- Athlete can't find new measurements
- Internet connection is poor and the connection is timed out
- Measurement has been uploaded previously but is deleted from Athlete
1. Movescount settings are not saved to Athlete
Check that you have entered the correct email address to Athlete. You can also check from here how to apply the Movescount settings to Athlete.
2. There is an incompatible measurement in Movescount
A measurement is incompatible for these reasons:
- It is shorter than 2 minutes
- It is manually added to Movescount
- It does not contain R-R interval-data (is uploaded from an incompatible device such as M-series device or Quest)
- There are duplicate measurements in Athlete.
If you discover a measurement that fits these descriptions, you will need to delete the measurement from Movescount. The incompatible measurement will stop the loading process and thus all the compatible measurements after that can't be uploaded. Once you delete the incompatible measurement the loading continues.
3. Athlete cant' find new measurements
Athlete has reached the 200 measurement limit and for that reason
can't find new measurements. Check from the Movescount settings in
Athlete, which date is set there. If the date from whereon the Athlete
starts searching for new measurement is too far in the past, change it
so that it is closer to the measurement which was last uploaded to
Athlete. It is also recommended that this date setting is changed from
time to time to keep the upload process smooth.
4. Internet connection is poor and the connection is timed out
Athlete searches for all the measurements it can before uploading them. With weak or slow Internet connections, if there are a lot of data to upload, the connection has been reported to time out. So make sure that you have a good Internet connection, or try to upload fewer measurements at a time. You can adjust the number of measurements by changing the date in Athlete settings.
5. Measurement has been uploaded previously but is deleted from Athlete
If the measurement has been previously uploaded but the deleted from Athlete , it can be reloaded by deleting the log entry from Athlete's Movescount log file. The log file can be found from the Firstbeat Files folder under the corresponding profile's folder. Log file is named "ATHLETE_MOVES.txt". Open the file and delete the log entry that points to the file you want to reload. Then save the log file. Next start Athlete and upload the measurement. If you have the automatic upload selected, and the date of the measurement falls in the time period where Athlete searches for new measurements, the measurement is uploaded automatically. Otherwise you can start the measurement upload by selecting "Load R-R file" -> "Movescount.com".